Re: [xsl] FO: next to last page

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO: next to last page
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 08:00:21 -0700
At 2010-05-06 07:44 -0700, Don Smith wrote:
I've got a requirement to end chapters on even pages and, if that last page turns out to be blank, reference it on the next to last page. Assuming that I have 5 pages of content and output a blank page for page 6, then on page 5 I need this in a static content region:

Page: 5 / 6 blank

I've got everything working in terms of reference, etc. My problem is isolating only the next to last page. I can't see any way to do that. Right now I'm getting the reference on all my odd pages; I only want it if it's next to last.

Am I missing the way to accomplish this or is it impossible?

It is not possible in the way you express the requirement. One cannot do arithmetic with page numbers

When my customers have come to me with this, the way I've convinced them to go is to use:

Page: 5 / next blank

I hope this helps.

--
Principles of XSLT for XQuery Writers: San Francisco,CA 2010-05-03
XSLT/XQuery/UBL/Code List training: Trondheim,Norway 2010-06-02/11