Re: [xsl] RE: Is xsl:for-each "syntactic sugar"?

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Is xsl:for-each "syntactic sugar"?
From: Kendall Shaw <kshaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 17:04:57 -0700
Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx> writes:

> On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 18:34 -0400, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
> Yes, I agree hat you believe that.

If I found a hat that agrees with me, it would be believe anything.

"Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> IMPLEMENTATION #1: Uses Recursive Function
>     <xsl:function name="ex:Balance">
>     </xsl:function>
> IMPLEMENTATION #2: Uses xsl:apply-templates to Recursively Fire a Template
>     <xsl:template match="Transaction">
>     </xsl:template>

I don't follow what distinction you are making between the 2
implementations. They both have essentially the same structure.

Maybe you are discussing the idea that you can't accumulate a value
using reassignment in a loop in a functional language. Then there the
distinction between a functional call (or using call-template) and using
apply-templates. But, this doesn't seem to be about push vs. pull
processing.

Kendall