Re: [xsl] display & as text

Subject: Re: [xsl] display & as text
From: Michael Dykman <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:22:14 -0400
&amp;

it is the legal, valid way of representing those characters in XML.
Any ampersand '&' is assumed by XML to be the prefix to an entity,
therefore, if all you want is a literal single ampersand, you must use
the entity that represents it.  The '&' is so core to the way XML is
used and parsed. it is one of the very few entities builtin in the the
XML parser itself.

  - michael dykman

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM, mas christ <mas_christ@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How do I use special character "&" as regular text in my xml file using XSLT
1.0?

> The web browser won't parse xml files with "&" in them and I do not want use
the character references, "&" , "&" or, "%20".

> Thanks.

Hotmail.

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID283
26::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx

 May the Source be with you.