RE: [xsl] display & as text

Subject: RE: [xsl] display & as text
From: mas christ <mas_christ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 20:37:06 +0000
No thanks.  My first email did not show those "ands" right.

I'll try again:

I do not want to use: "amp;", or "#38;".

I'm sure the solution is out there.

> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:22:14 -0400
> From: mdykman@xxxxxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xsl] display & as text
>
> &
>
> it is the legal, valid way of representing those characters in XML.
> Any ampersand '&' is assumed by XML to be the prefix to an entity,
> therefore, if all you want is a literal single ampersand, you must use
> the entity that represents it. The '&' is so core to the way XML is
> used and parsed. it is one of the very few entities builtin in the the
> XML parser itself.
>
> - michael dykman
>

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 4:16 PM, mas christ  wrote:
>>
>> How do I use special character "&" as regular text in my xml file using
XSLT 1.0?

>> The web browser won't parse xml files with "&" in them and I do not want
use the character references, "&" , "&" or, "%20".

>> Thanks.

>> The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with
Hotmail.

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID283
26::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5

> --
> - michael dykman
> - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx
>
> May the Source be with you.