Re: [xsl] display & as text

Subject: Re: [xsl] display & as text
From: "steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx" <steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:47:39 -0400
On Jun 4, 2010, at 4:37 PM, mas christ wrote:

No thanks. My first email did not show those "ands" right.

I'll try again:

I do not want to use: "amp;", or "#38;".

I'm sure the solution is out there.

<![CDATA[ & ]]>

Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 16:22:14 -0400
From: mdykman@xxxxxxxxx
To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it is the legal, valid way of representing those characters in XML.
Any ampersand '&' is assumed by XML to be the prefix to an entity,
therefore, if all you want is a literal single ampersand, you must use
the entity that represents it. The '&' is so core to the way XML is
used and parsed. it is one of the very few entities builtin in the the
XML parser itself.

- michael dykman