RE: [xsl] display & as text

Subject: RE: [xsl] display & as text
From: mas christ <mas_christ@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 22:00:48 +0000
Thanks for the help however using "CDATA" would require manuel editing of the
xml file.

The source text contains or will contain lots of ampersands which I do not
wish hand edit every copy and paste from time to time.

> From: liam@xxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 17:43:41 -0400
> Subject: RE: [xsl] display & as text
>
> On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 21:14 +0000, mas christ wrote:
>> Someone asked for a reason.
>>
>> The reason is to copy and past text with ampersands into my xml file
>> without having to convert one ampersand form into another.
>
> You can use
>
> *but*
>
> now if ]]> occurs in your input you must escape it. E.g. to put <[[]]>
> into a string, you might try
>
>  a space-ship]]>
> but that does not work. Instead, you must write,
> ]]
> which I am sure you will agree is clearer.
>
> With XSLT, you might find it easier to include an external
> text file, using unparsed-text(), assuming you are using XSLT 2.
>
> Liam
>
> --
> Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
> Pictures from old books: http://fromoldbooks.org/
> Ankh: irc.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org

Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID283
26::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5