Re: [xsl] debugging xslt

Subject: Re: [xsl] debugging xslt
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 20:20:13 +0100
Stylus Studio and oXygen both have good debuggers.

Many XSLT bugs, however, boil down to path expressions that don't select anything. Debuggers will often point you quickly to the path expression that's faulty, but after that it's usually a question of staring at the path until you see what's wrong - unless you invest the effort into writing schema-aware code, in which case there's a prospect that the compiler will be able to tell you when you write impossible paths.

Michael Kay
Saxonica