Re: [xsl] Beginner Book For XSL/XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Beginner Book For XSL/XSLT
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 18:13:56 -0400
At 2010-06-24 17:48 -0400, Robert L Cochran wrote:
What is a good beginner's book for the latest versions of XSL and XSLT? I am starting something called a "Java Immersion Program" which will teach Java and other enterprise web technologies, and I think XSL/T will be one of them. I've dabbled with this in the distant past (2-3 years ago), but really know nothing about it.

Any pointers to great books are much appreciated.

I'll let you decide the quality yourself from excerpts, but I have a number of PDF books on enterprise web technologies related to XML and each one has a no-charge freely-downloaded excerpt. You can include the excerpts for programme attendees to assess for themselves. The purchase of any book grants no-charge perpetual free updates to future editions (for example, purchasers of the XSLT 1 book received our XSLT 2 book at no charge).

These are the titles:

  Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath    (covers versions 1.0/2.0)
  Practical Formatting Using XSL-FO                (print layout for XML)
  Practical Universal Business Language Deployment (eCommerce using XML)
  Practical Code List Implementation               (controlled vocabularies)

There is also an XSLT DVD class with exercises (but this doesn't have perpetual free updates):

Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath Video

There is a "books and free excerpts" link in the right marginalia of our home page linked in my trailer below.

I hope this helps.

-- XSLT/XQuery training: after http://XMLPrague.cz 2011-03-28/04-01 Vote for your XML training: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/i/ Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Male Cancer Awareness Nov'07 http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal