Re: [xsl] How to disable/turn off the inclusion of DTD in html/xhtml to xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to disable/turn off the inclusion of DTD in html/xhtml to xml
From: Jack Bush <netbeansfan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:40:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi David,
On 23/07/2010 07:55, Jack Bush wrote:
> The main source is as
follows. I have deliberately added the DTD entry into
>> polist.xml:

On
23/07/2010 09:00, David Carlisle wrote:
>why? (not having the dtd would
simplify things, and it isn't html)

I am trying to come up with an example
similar to my actual issue which uses all
xhtml documents, but could not
disclose it due to confidentialality reason.
On 23/07/2010 07:55, Jack
Bush wrote:
Jack>> None of the secondary sources have DTD entry in them.

tried to simplify the issue by not including any DTD in secondary sources but
in reality, all the xhtml documents do have the same single DTD which have
been
generated by TagSoup when converting from these documents from html to
xml.
Where is TagSoup forum/mailing list these days since the
tagsoup-friends@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx? I am still interested in pursuing the option
of
turning off the generation of DTD altogether.

On 23/07/2010 09:00, David
Carlisle wrote:
>I would guess the "line 17" on which the error is reported is
><xsl:apply-templates
> select="document(@filename)/purchase-order"/>

>which
is processing
>filename="///C:/temp/XSLT-2E-examples/Chapter8/po38292.xml"/>
>I'm surprised that that should fail although the URi is in error, it should
be

>filename="file:///C:/temp/XSLT-2E-examples/Chapter8/po38292.xml"/>

>if
it is intended to be an absolute URI or
>other than that I give up, sorry.
>David
But don't give up just yet, you have solved half of the problem at
last! You are
right that the filename should be:
>filename="file:///C:/temp/XSLT-2E-examples/Chapter8/po38292.xml"/>
corrected the following line in e:/catalog.xml and the error no longer showed
up if DTD exists in the main source:
from
uri="///E:/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/>
uri="file:///E:/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"/>
However, looks like I do need to
set the same entity resolver to use catalog.xml
within the stylesheet so that
document() in line 17 could resolve to local DTD
when opening up any of those
secondary documents which have DTD.
Any ideas how this could be done?
We
are nearly there.
Thanks a million again,
Jack

follows. I have deliverately added the DTD entry into
>>B  polist.xml:

why?
(not having the dtd would simplify things, and it isn't html)

> None of the
secondary sources have DTD entry in them.

I would guess the "line 17" on
which the error is reported is

B  B  <xsl:apply-templates
>B  B  B  B  B  B
select="document(@filename)/purchase-order"/>

which is processing
filename="///C:/temp/XSLT-2E-examples/Chapter8/po38292.xml"/>

I'm surprised
that that should fail although the URi is in error, it should be
filename="file:///C:/temp/XSLT-2E-examples/Chapter8/po38292.xml"/>

if it is
intended to be an absolute URI or

other than that I give up, sorry.

David
The
Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd is a company registered in England
and Wales
with company number 1249803. The registered office is:
Wilkinson House, Jordan
Hill Road, Oxford OX2 8DR, United Kingdom.

This e-mail has been scanned for
all viruses by Star. The service is