Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 xsl:number level="any" with from pattern

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2.0 xsl:number level="any" with from pattern
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:02:13 +0100
I see the problem. Don't know the answer. Will look at it after Balisage!

Michael Kay
Saxonica

On 04/08/2010 13:49, Martin Honnen wrote:
Michael Kay wrote:

What am I missing, why do those processors not output a number for the first four 'a' elements?

Presumably because they have both implemented erratum E30:

http://www.w3.org/XML/2007/qt-errata/xslt-errata.html#E30

But that erratum (which I mentioned) changes the expression for computing $F from
$S/(preceding::node()|ancestor::node())[matches-from(.)][last()]
$S/(preceding::node()|ancestor-or-self::node())[matches-from(.)][last()]
it does not change the definition of matches-from saying
"Let matches-from($node) be a function that returns true if and only if the given node $node matches the pattern given in the from attribute, or if $node is the root node of a tree."
which in my understanding would make $F the root node of the tree for each of the first four 'a' elements.