Re: [xsl] Parameter of type xs:anyURI

Subject: Re: [xsl] Parameter of type xs:anyURI
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 14:04:35 +0100
On 24/08/2010 14:01, Martynas Jusevicius wrote:
Hey list,

I don't get how to define a parameter of type xs:anyURI. I try it like this:

<xsl:param name="base-uri" select="'http://www.google.com'" as="xs:anyURI"/>

But Saxon 9 gives me an error:
"Error at xsl:param on ...:
XTTE0600: Required item type of value of parameter $base-uri is
xs:anyURI; supplied value has item type xs:string"

Do I always have to cast a string value with xs:anyURI()?
What if I pass the value from Java, do I need 2 parameters then -- one
for the string value, and the other one casted as xs:anyURI?

most command line processors (including saxon) only let you do strings valued parameters on the command line but from the java api you can build arbitrary XDM objects and pass them in. Of course in the case of anyURI there isn't really much difference as the only difference between that and string is its name, so its simpler just to use strings.
(which is why the core xpath functions that you might expect to take uri just take string values)

David