Re: [xsl] Good quality XSLT course in the UK?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Good quality XSLT course in the UK?
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:48:46 +0100
>> > Can anyone recommend a good XPath/XSLT course somewhere in the UK that
>> > would make a non-programmer confident enough to be able to read /
>> > alter existing XSLT stylesheets, and build their own (simple) ones?
>> >

> I'm a little worried about the adjective "non-programmer" in here.
> I'm not saying that these non-programmers won't be able to learn what
> is necessary
> to alter and write *simple* stylesheets.
> If I were in your position, I'd take time out for a one-day workshop,
> showing them
> the basics and letting them try for themselves, which should give you
> an idea whether
> they can weather a heavier dose.

I would agree with that (give them a 1 day-er yourself).... a long
time ago a company I worked for sold the idea of the clients
maintaining the XSLT themselves, to make simple tweaks such as
changing colours or modifying the text.  Sounds plausible enough,
right?

It was around 10k lines of complex XSLT 1.0, generating some very
complex html and javascript.

I stood in front of about 30 blank faces, and the first question was
"what is html?"

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com