[xsl] xsl:value-of issue

Subject: [xsl] xsl:value-of issue
From: "Etheridge, Stephen" <stephen.etheridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:30:17 +0100
I have a source XML file which has a number of elements whose name ends
with 'List'.  For each of these there will be another element whose name
ends with 'ListLocalVal'.  In the transform I am trying to do I need to
move the value from the LocalVal to the List element and not output the
LocalVal element.

I.e.

Source:

<MilkList>A value</MilkList>
<MilkListLocalVal>Another value</ MilkListLocalVal>

Desired output:
<MilkList>Another value</MilkList>

The relevant bit of XSLT is:

<xsl:template name="process-list">
	<xsl:variable name="tempname" select="local-name()" />
	<xsl:choose>
		<xsl:when test="contains($tempname, 'ListLocalVal')">
		</xsl:when>
		<xsl:otherwise>
			<xsl:element name="{$tempname}">
			<xsl:variable
name="local-element-val"><xsl:value-of
select="$tempname"/><xsl:text>LocalVal</xsl:text><xsl:variable>
			<xsl:value-of
select="../[local-name()=$local-element-val" />
			</xsl:element>
		</xsl:otherwise>
	</xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

What happens is I get the desired element created, i.e. <MilkList> but
it is empty.  I have experimented with various constructs in the
<xsl:value-of> but all raise processor errors (xalan) apart from the
above.

Can anyone tell me where I am going wrong with the value select?

Many thanks

Steve

Stephen Etheridge

Please help Logica to respect the environment by not printing this email  /
Pour contribuer comme Logica au respect de l'environnement, merci de ne pas
imprimer ce mail /  Bitte drucken Sie diese Nachricht nicht aus und helfen Sie
so Logica dabei, die Umwelt zu sch|tzen. /  Por favor ajude a Logica a
respeitar o ambiente nao imprimindo este correio electronico.