Re: [xsl] Preceding siblings test

Subject: Re: [xsl] Preceding siblings test
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 21:50:36 +0200
> note that the supplied solution only works for a and b elements
> _between_ item elements (exactly as you asked). A and B elements before
> the first item will be ignored.

No, Martin's and my solution do report "<a/>" before the first
<item>, see output taken from my last posting on this.
Perhaps that output shuld have been printed out in order

$ xsltproc pre.xsl list.xml

<item>...</item>

$

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
Fixpack team lead
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

> Thanks, Martin and Hermann.  That looks like it will do the trick.  I
forgot to state that we're using XSLT 2.

Hi David,

note that the supplied solution only works for a and b elements
_between_ item elements (exactly as you asked). A and B elements before
the first item will be ignored.

regards, Ruud