Re: [xsl] XPath 1.0 Question: Can two sibling nodes each select their parent node to yield two nodes?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath 1.0 Question: Can two sibling nodes each select their parent node to yield two nodes?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 23:32:51 +0100
On 22/09/2010 22:08, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Hi Folks,

This is an XPath 1.0 question.

Consider this document:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<books>
     <category>
         <genre>Autobiography</genre>
         <book>
             <name>My Life and Times</name>
             <author>Paul McCartney</author>
         </book>
         <book>
             <name>The Beatles</name>
             <author>Paul McCartney</author>
         </book>
     </category>
     <category>
         <genre>Music</genre>
         <book>
             <name>Eight Days a Week</name>
             <author>Paul McCartney</author>
         </book>
     </category>
</books>

     Autobiography
     Autobiography
     Music

xpath1 either returns a single value (a string, boolean or number) or a node set.
There is only one genre node with value Autobiography, so any xpath returning a set of nodes selected from the document can only return at most one node with value Autobiography.

Now Xpath2 is a different beast...

David