Re: [xsl] String comparison

Subject: Re: [xsl] String comparison
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:10:51 -0700
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 7:20 AM, iwanttokeepanon
<iwanttokeepanon@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I really like the compactness of FP, thanks for posting this solution.
> B I have a couple of questions:
>
> A: <xsl:text/>
>
> What is the purpose of a closed xsl:text?

This causes the following whitespace (particularly the NL) not to be
output. A trick I once learned from Jeni Tennison.

> B: I don't see "str-zipWith.xsl" in FXSL ... at least not my copy (1.0
> and 2.0 both)

Yes. It isn't there and this is the sole reason I included the text of
this stylesheet module in my answer.

> C: ($arg1 = $arg2) +1
>
> This obviously includes/excluedes the asterisk based on equality, but
> I don't know XSLT enough to understand it. B How do you add 1 to a
> boolean? B Is it like in C where true==0 and false==1 (or anything but
> 0)? B Actually, for this to work true==1 and false==0?

In XSLT 1.0 when using a boolean value in an arithmetic (numeric)
expression -- that is as an argument of an operator or function that
requires a numeric argument, the boolean value is converted to a
number using the following rule:

number(true()) = 1

number(false()) = 0

--