Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Create an end element - possible?
From: [x] cross solution <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 15:07:16 +0200
> XSLT/XPath operates on a tree of nodes, some of those nodes are element
nodes. There is nothing like a "closing" element node in such a tree. Only
when the result tree is optionally serialized as XML or HTML tags are written
out.
sorry - maybe is wasn't good described.

My xslt is also "value" based and not only "tree" based.
So i create my own "elements", based on the "value-of" content.

for example
<Row>
	<Data>This is a value with content - Start</Data>
	<Data>This is a value with a book of eli</Data>
	<Data>This is a value with the PHP de Luxe - End</Data>
</Row>
<Row>
	<Data>This is another value with content - Start</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with a book of homedepot</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with a book of the single man</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with a book of the big forest</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with a book of Java</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with a book of SQL</Data>
	<Data>This is another value with the JavaScript de Luxe - End</Data>
</Row>

So now i have to find the "Start" and "End" Tags in the value-of content (the
content of <Data> is only an example).
Based on this information i have to create a new element "<w:p>" (this
works).
But to create the </w:p> element doesn't work.

So my question is not a "tree" select question - it is a "create element"
question, without any relation to a tree.
hope this helps

best regards

armin

Armin Egginger