Re: [xsl] Converting milestone tags

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting milestone tags
From: Josef Schneeberger <josef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:25:29 +0200
Hi again,

sorry for the delayed response - I was traveling back from Asia.

Thank you all for the programs and comments.

Am 15.10.2010 07:10, schrieb xsl-list-digest-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> If you have access to a good library, try looking for Michael Jackson's
> 1970s books on Jackson Structured Programming, where he tackles this
> class of problem under the heading of "boundary conflict".

I will have a look at the book.

> Your example doesn't need the full generality of this approach, because
> the start/end milestones are always siblings and are always matched in
> the same paragraph, but your discussion indicates that you might want to
> tackle things that go beyond this example.

My case is in fact more complicated than the example I provided. The
elements spanning over a boundary may be hierarchically nested. I would
like to have a stylesheet, that takes a sequence of tag names.

Your examples Vyacheslav and Praveen where very helpful for me to
understand things better. In fact, I also found a solution using the
comparators << and >> which I was not aware of when I wrote the email...

Thanks again, Josef

--
Dr. Josef Schneeberger ---------------------- josef@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Moltkestr. 25, D-90429 Nuernberg                       +49 172 8613281