Re: [xsl] More on my problem with namespaces

Subject: Re: [xsl] More on my problem with namespaces
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 17:27:31 +0100
Nick Leaton wrote:
Using Saxon, I get this error message going the second route.

[Saxon-PE 9.2.0.6] Element type "calypso:value" must be followed by
either attribute definitions, ">" or "/>"
@see http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/javadoc/net/sf/saxon/trans/SaxonErrorCode.html#SXXP0003

xslt as follows

===============
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet
    xmlns:calypso="http://www.calypso.com/xml";
    xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
    version="2.0">

<xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
        <bonds>
            <xsl:for-each select="//isin">
            <bond>
                <calypso:secCode>
                    <calypso:name>ISIN</calypso:name>
                    <calypso:value xsi:type="ns3:string"
                        xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";

You need to delimit the start tag with '>', that is all i.e.

                    <calypso:value xsi:type="ns3:string"
                        xmlns:ns3="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";>
                        <xsl:value-of select="."/>
                    </calypso:value>

that way the error should be fixed. I am not sure you will achieve your aim of having the namespace declared on each calypso:value element but fix the other problem first.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/