Re: [xsl] Generating XSD Schema files from XML source files

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generating XSD Schema files from XML source files
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 12:53:02 -0500

At 09:51 AM 11/9/2010, you wrote:
All the IDEs such as Stylus Studio and oXygen have tools that will generate a schema from a source document, and they do a pretty respectable job, though the results need hand-tuning to be usable in practice. But they do tend to work on individual document instances rather than batches.

James Clark's Trang processor will generate a fairly respectable RNG schema for a set of documents, and it can also convert from RNG into XSD syntax.

That's probably where I'd start, but it's a job that requires both a good understanding, and a high tolerance for fussiness.

And trang is packaged with oXygen.

Too bad it's not on topic for XSL or I'd say more.

Mulberry Technologies, Inc.