Re: [xsl] Sorting chemical formulae in XSLT 2.0

Subject: Re: [xsl] Sorting chemical formulae in XSLT 2.0
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 17:06:34 +0000
On 24/11/2010 16:55, Emma Burrows wrote:
In other words, numbers are sorted as letters rather than numbers, so the subscripts go "1 10 11 2 3.." instead of "1 2 3... 10 11". I need an additional criterion somewhere to sort the numbers correctly but I haven't found a solution that works yet, so a nudge in the right direction would be great.

saxon has an alpha-numeric collation that probably just does the right thing automatically

http://www.saxonica.com/documentation/extensibility/collation.xml