[xsl] XPATH Issue

Subject: [xsl] XPATH Issue
From: Rajesh Jain <rjain15@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 18:19:44 -0800 (PST)
Hi

I have a very strange problem and I have spend a whole day trying to figure what
is wrong.

I  have a XPATH expression, and if I evaluate from a XML File on disk it  works.
If I evaluate from a DOM Object from a HTTP Source, it doesn't  work. Both the
documents are exactly same.

XML Document
SUCCESS </RetrieveResult></RetrieveResponse></s:Body></s:Envelope>

// Document from File

                // Parse the XML as a W3C document.
                DocumentBuilder builder =
                    DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
                Document document = builder.parse(new
File("C:\\Users\\smirxj0\\Documents\\Java\\GPN.xml"));

// Alternatively Document  from HTTP

              InputStream isr = httpConn.getInputStream();
              Document document = builder.parse(isr);

// If I print this Document, I have the same output as the XML file

// XPATH Expression

                XPath xpath = XPathFactory.newInstance().newXPath();
                expression = "//RetrieveResponse/RetrieveResult/StatusType";
                String statusString = (String)
                    xpath.evaluate(expression, document,
XPathConstants.STRING);

                System.out.println("String is: " + statusString);

Please let me know where am I going wrong?

Is it a XPATH issue?

Rajesh