Re: [xsl] Find inconsistencies: Perl or XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Find inconsistencies: Perl or XSLT?
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:52:55 +0100
Manuel Souto Pico wrote:

Is it possible to do this in XSLT? Is it more efficient that doing it
in Perl as I was planning to? I knowledge of XSLT is very limited and
I can't see beyond transforming a XML file into another XML file.

With XSLT it could be treated as a grouping problem by first grouping unit elements by the source element, then grouping any group on the target and check whether that results in more than one group.
Grouping is easy in XSLT 2.0 with for-each-group group-by and more convoluted in XSLT 1.0 with Muenchian grouping.
Do you use XSLT 1.0 or 2.0?

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/