[xsl] Re: generating schemas from XML

Subject: [xsl] Re: generating schemas from XML
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2010 16:58:56 +0000
On 02/12/2010 16:36, Silent lights wrote:
Hi all,
I am wondering if anyone had attempted to generate an schema frmo an input XML
document. I am kind of stuck up in this and I am wondering if there could be
some help from someone here.

The XSL has to be ver 1.0 and generation code has to be written using XSL.

I worked out a basic idea..

Try googling for "Generate schema from XML instance document" and reading the first half-dozen documents referenced. This will give you a lot more ideas about the nature of the task, and perhaps convince you to use a tool that already exists rather than trying to write your own.

Michael Kay
Saxonica