Re: [xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker

Subject: Re: [xsl] Markers in tables and fo:retrieve-table-marker
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:20:54 -0500
At 2010-12-16 16:13 +0000, charlieo0@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>First, separate the table title from the "continued" text:
>
>   <block>
>     Table 1. EL Panel
>     <retrieve-table-marker retrieve-class-name="continued-text"/>
>   </block>
>
>Then in your first table cell, do the following:

>      <block>
>        <marker marker-class-name="continued-text"></marker>
>      </block>
>      <block>
>        <marker marker-class-name="continued-text">- Continued</marker>
>      </block>
>      <block-container>
>        ...cell stuff...
>      </block-container>
>
>Two blocks are needed so that the two markers are not competing to be
>qualifying the same areas.

Thank you for the help. Indeed, Adding the first blank marker is what I needed to get the desired output.

One small problem however, with the solution. You suggest separating the table title from the continued text. I don't see how this is possible. The table title is in fo:table-caption. fo-retrieve-table-marker is not valid there. It has to be part of fo-table-header. Also, since I did not include my XSL, the table number is generated from a counter. The DTD I'm working with requires table/title and the title has to go into the table-caption. It seems I have to replicate the title in the marker to get it into the fo:table-header.

It is not a problem to replicate the title in the marker ... forgive me that I misunderstood your requirement. My thought was only to reduce duplication in case the title got changed in one marker but not the other. You can put any content into the markers.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training