RE: [xsl] Capture Range of Documents

Subject: RE: [xsl] Capture Range of Documents
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 17:53:00 -0500
At 2011-01-05 16:48 -0500, Jimenez, Luis wrote:
how I can change the following XSLT to include in the output code: 012,

Please clarify the code you want to produce, as 012 might be octal (in which case you are asking for a line feed character), or it might be hex (in which case you are asking for DC2), or it might be decimal (in which case you asking for a form feed character).

If you are asking for a line feed, that is already put out by XSLT because any CR/LF pair on input is normalized into a line feed.

I'll continue my post assuming you are not asking for a line feed.

but that in turn finish processing the file to the code.

My XSL File:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"; version="1.0">

I see you are running XSLT 1.0, and with that it is not possible to output the code 012 (either hex or decimal) in your final serialization. It is possible using XSLT 2.0 but not using XSLT 1.0.

<xsl:output method="xml" version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" indent="yes"/>

I see you are outputting XML version 1.0, and because of that the code 012 (either hex or decimal) is not allowed to be in an XML 1.0 file. A conforming XML 1.0 processor will reject such a file. If you output XML 1.1 you are allowed to have those characters in an XML 1.1 file.

I hope this helps.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training