[xsl] XSL-FO table column borders

Subject: [xsl] XSL-FO table column borders
From: Arjan Bokx <abokx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:56:11 +0100
Hello all,

I have a fo:table in which I display data in the fo:region-body, with an
xsl:for-each construct.
I'd like the columns of that table to have solid borders (vertical lines), but
if I use things like

<fo:table-column border-left-style="solid" border-right-style="solid"/>

those borders only go down as far as the displayed data do.
I'd like the vertical column borders to go down all the way over the
fo:region-body.
Using fo:block-containers with left/right solid borders will draw the vertical
lines on the first page, but if the data spill over onto a second page, no
margins are drawn there.
(I could not find this in Dave Pawson's book, nor in the FAQ list.)

Regards,
Arjan Bokx