Re: [xsl] Reusing and XPath expression

Subject: Re: [xsl] Reusing and XPath expression
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2011 13:05:16 +0100
Jacobus Reyneke wrote:

In this example I resize the section titles in FO depending on the
depth of the title. Is there some way I can put the
"count(ancestor::*)" expression in one place and so re-use it in
different templates by 'calling' it? I cannot just make the expression
'global' because new values cannot be assigned to it.

'calling it' sounds as if you want to define a function, in XSLT 2.0 you can do that with xsl:function http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#stylesheet-functions, in XSLT 1.0 some processors support an extension element for that functionality.

--

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/