[xsl] cannot remove indentation [XSLT 1.0]

Subject: [xsl] cannot remove indentation [XSLT 1.0]
From: pankaj.c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:57:57 +0530
Hello,

I think I am going nuts.

I am having 35-40 small big xslts, which are being imported/included to
main stylesheet. While defining a new environment (precisely speaking item
glossary as a root element [mostly the chapter is root element]), I 've
encountered that I am not able to remove indentation i the output XML,
even when I clearly mentioning in my stylesheet written separately to
handle this glossary component. in fact all stylesheet have this below
defined to them.

<xsl:strip-space elements="*"/>
<xsl:output encoding="UTF-8" indent="no" media-type="text/xml"
method="xml"/>

The input xml looks something like below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<glossary id="0012">
<child_elements>
</child_elements>
</glossary>

Initially I thought I must have defined glossary somewhere else in bunch
of stylesheets but do not see any such issues and keep getting indented
out XML.

I am using xsltproc 1.0. Anybody suggest what might be wrong?

TIA,
Pankaj