Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 09:31:12 -0700
Having the same XSLT 2.0 processor in all five major browsers is a
page turning event.

While we are now closer to the day when sending an XML response to a
"page request" will be mass practice, I see one often cited problem
still not addressed:

How would search engines find data? It seems that they also would need
to perform the specific XSLT transformation on the XML (which they
don't do currently, AFAIK, and probably would refuse to do so due to
the additional costs involved and to the web-xmlization still not a
predominant trend -- seems like a wicked closed circle, doesn't it).

Wouldn't this be an insurmountable obstacle?

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev