Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE - XSLT 2.0 on the browser
From: James Fuller <james.fuller.2007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 11:34:23 +0200
On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:24 AM, Dave Pawson <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 09:29:43 +0100
> Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> I see this more as alternative way manipulate the page on the client,
>> rather than generate the whole page using a clientside xml +
>> transformation... it gets over the hurdle of processing xml with
>> javascript.
>

> I'm curious what others (including Mike) think the prime use cases are
> for this tech.

my 2p:

* not programming in javascript  ;)

* mobile phone development is a biggie

* using xslt template matching to handle event routing is exciting and
something I would like to do on the server side as well (in the same
manner)

* being able to reuse previous xslt transforms (think of all those
transforms from one format to another)

* xforms handling ... SAXON-CE might spawn a thousand xforms processors ...

* distributed processing (yes we know this never really materialized
with xslt1.0)

and more ... still digesting the impact of this and XQIB (Xquery in
the browser), seriously impressed by the quality of these efforts ...
in my early testing SAXON-CE certainly feels ready for production but
I will await Michael's announcement for when he thinks its ready.

Jim Fuller