Re: [xsl] break-before="odd-page" at start of flow

Subject: Re: [xsl] break-before="odd-page" at start of flow
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:34:00 -0400
At 2011-04-21 14:21 +0000, Fredrik Bengtsson wrote:
The first object in each appendix flow is a block with break-before="odd-page" since each appendix should start on the right side of a booklet. The page sequence master specifies distinct blank pages and the docs clearly state:

odd-page:
Imposes a break-before condition with a context consisting of odd page-areas (a blank page may be generated if necessary)

Remember that a "break condition" is not a command to break. If the flow is at a point that satisfies the break condition, nothing happens. Something only happens to ensure that the break condition is being met.

Meanwhile, I ran your FO file through Antenna House and where you say on page 3:

  The extra page inserted before this one (page 2) is supposed to
  use the "blank" page master, but instead it uses the
  "main.even.master" one, which leads to it having a page number
  at the bottom

... there is a completely blank page on page 2.

This leads me to think the problem is with your formatter and not your FO.

I hope this helps.

--
Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training