Re: [xsl] convert XML to NFC

Subject: Re: [xsl] convert XML to NFC
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 15:39:47 -0400
On Wed, 2011-04-27 at 17:14 +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
> well it's probably quicker to use a tool treating the file as plain text
> (since the unicode normalisation should not break the xml)

A breakage to watch for - XML names don't have to be normalised, and
normalization changes them, so e.g. id values, entity names, element
names may be affected, and might no longer match corresponding names in
a DTD or schema, and cross-document links may also be affected.

If this is the case I'd argue the original input was broken, but if you
need to normalise it, you already suspect that...

For that reason, you might want to use XSLT with a slightly-modified
identity transform as suggested, to leave the markup unaffected.

Liam