Re: [xsl] xml:space preserve on element converted to html textarea encoding issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] xml:space preserve on element converted to html textarea encoding issue
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 09:12:06 +0100
On 07/06/2011 07:32, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
I am converting an element with xml:space preserve to an HTML
textarea.  I am getting a bad character code, an A with a little tilde
hat (sort of) as the first character in the textarea.
A spurious capital A followed by a diacritic means that your content is in UTF-8, but it's being displayed by software that doesn't realise it is in UTF-8 (it probably thinks it is in Latin-1). If the display software is a web browser, this means there's something wrong with the magic incantations in the HTML Content-Type, the HTTP headers, the web server configuration files, or some combination of the above.

Michael Kay
Saxonica