Re: [xsl] Losing a namespace declaration while merging two elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Losing a namespace declaration while merging two elements
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 16:23:19 +0100
On 22/07/2011 16:16, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
That is a fantastic function David. Wow!

However, when I run it I get this error message at the copy-of element:

that's because you didn't tell us that your second element was (effectively) not what you said

<xsd:attribute name="href" type="xsd:anyURI" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; />

but instead more like

<xsd:attribute xmlns="ww" name="href" type="xsd:anyURI" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"; />

and you don't want to copy the default namespace node so change the line of the function to

<xsl:copy-of select="@* except @ref,$refed-item/(namespace::*[string(name())],@*,*)"/>

David

-- google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle