Re: [xsl] How do I force the XSLT processor to retain a namespace declaration despite an ancestor element having that same namespace declaration?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I force the XSLT processor to retain a namespace declaration despite an ancestor element having that same namespace declaration?
From: Florent Georges <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 18:10:15 +0100 (BST)
Costello, Roger L. wrote:

  Hi,

> How do I force the XSLT processor to
retain that namespace
> declaration and not discard it? (I am passing the
<inner>
> element to other functions that don't have access to its

surrounding elements, so I need that namespace declaration
> retained.)

am not sure what you mean by "I am passing the <inner>
element to other
functions".  If you use XML tools (without any
further infos, I guess you are
still in XSLT here, but then I
don't understand why you'd bother about
serialization here), if
you use XML tools there is no problem, the namespace
declaration
is in scope.  If you use any string or file content manipulation,
then yes, you have a problem.

  I'm afraid you'll need to describe your
problem more precisely.

  Regards,