[xsl] Using XSLFO to place images in a PDF document

Subject: [xsl] Using XSLFO to place images in a PDF document
From: "Mark" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 16:04:09 -0700
Not sure if this is the right place, but maybe someone here can help.

I have used XSLFO extensively to create PDF documents. Now I want to output JPEG images to a PDF document from an XSLFO stylesheet but FOP complains that it could not find an ImagePreLoader. Is an ImagePreLoader necessary? Can I load images into a PDF from an XSLFO stylesheet without one? If so, how?

In case one is required, I went to the FOP site and it implied I needed an Image Loader Framework (I think this is the ImagePreLoader, but am not sure). They had a link to an Image Loader Framework, but I could not understand a word of their instructions. I think the instructions referenced Java which I do not know. Can someone direct me to somewhere that has simpler step by step instructions for making FOP deal with images from XSLFO?

Thanks,
Mark