Re: [xsl] transforming MRSS

Subject: Re: [xsl] transforming MRSS
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 18:27:57 -0500
At 2011-08-08 15:41 +0200, Dirk wrote:
It would.. if it wasn't a typical example of tl;dr...

this whole XSL thing starts to reming me of vrml/x3d... too complicated so they just use webgl now...

i rather use my own template engine in PHP and do things server-side than reading that text to, eventually, find the complicated answer to my simple question...

What will you do when your PHP template gets the following valid MRSS element:

<m:group xmlns:m="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/";>...

or:

<mrss:group xmlns:mrss="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/";>...

instead of:

<media:group xmlns:media="http://search.yahoo.com/mrss/";>...

PHP isn't geared to XML. XSLT *is* geared to XML.

You are cutting off your nose to spite your face.

But good luck to you!

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting & instructor-led training Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal