Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Unit testing
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:57:05 +0100 (IST)
On Tue, August 16, 2011 4:00 pm, Andrew Welch wrote:
> On 16 August 2011 15:50, Tony Graham <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good to know.  Out of interest, is anyone using xspec on a big project?
>
> I've found just running xpaths over the result in a standard junit
> setup to be pretty good, if only because it fits with the rest of the
> tests.

As a committer for both XSpec and Juxy [1], I'm glad when people adopt
XSpec, but I also wonder why Juxy (with tests written in either XML or
Java) doesn't have more traction amongst those for whom JUnit is the only
natural way to run tests.

Since we're talking about XSpec, Jeni (and I) will be using it as the main
focus of the "Devel-op-ing and Test-ing in XSLT" session [2] at XML Summer
School 2011.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://juxy.tigris.org/
[2] http://xmlsummerschool.com/curriculum-2011/xslt-and-xquery-2011/