Re: [xsl] redirecting ouput to a different file?

Subject: Re: [xsl] redirecting ouput to a different file?
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 08:17:02 -0700
thanks

Given that I have the mapping file I should be able to use it as the list of documents to process as you suggest, which would give me additional control and options within kernow.

..dan

At 01:56 AM 8/19/2011, you wrote:
> Using Kernow I can easily run this stylesheet against a directory and it
> will recreate the same filename with the changed content. That gets me
> halfway there.
>
> The question here is, can I read file of one name and output all this
> result to a new file name based upon the values in the mapping file?

You can do:

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:variable name="output-filename" select=" construct the filename here "/>
<xsl:result-document href="/path/to/output/{$output-filename}">

...which will give you control over the output filename.  The default
output file will probably still be created, so you would need to take
that into consideration with the output file path.

Alternatively, move from the 'directory' tab to the 'standalone' tab,
change your transform to pull in the source xml itself:

<xsl:template name="main">
  <xsl:for-each select="collection(...)">
    <xsl:variable name="output-filename" select=" construct the
filename here "/>
    <xsl:result-document href="/path/to/output/{$output-filename}">

-- Andrew Welch http://andrewjwelch.com

Panoramic Photography
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 619-938-3610