Re: [xsl] strange error message parsing xslt : namespace missing + function

Subject: Re: [xsl] strange error message parsing xslt : namespace missing + function
From: Matthieu Ricaud-Dussarget <matthieu.ricaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 19:06:24 +0200
Thank you for the explanation George and Michael.

You are right George with the 4 oXygen messages, which is helpfull. Jedit doesn't display 2 last helpfull ones, which made me loose some times.

Well this is good to know that "Duplicate function message" sometimes is not excalty meaningfull.

Hope this is usefull.

Regards,
Matthieu

Le 24/08/2011 13:31, Michael Kay a icrit :
My guess is that the XSLT processor (Saxon 9) uses some value for the function name and it does this in both cases when the function name is undefined and then a further check discovers that there is the same name for two functions and thus the duplicate function error message.

Thanks, George, yes, that's a correct analysis. Saxon generates an arbitrary name for the function so that it can continue processing to look for more errors. I'll change the code so it generates a different arbitrary name each time.

Michael Kay
Saxonica

[1] The 4 errors that you should get when you validate the stylesheet

SystemID: /Users/george/Documents/workspace/www.oxygenxml.com/xml/Untitled3.xsl
Main validation file: /Users/george/Documents/workspace/www.oxygenxml.com/xml/Untitled3.xsl
Engine name: Saxon-PE 9.3.0.5
Severity: error