[xsl] text replacement with mixed content

Subject: [xsl] text replacement with mixed content
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:35:40 +0200
Hi all,

thanks for reading this.

I have an interesting task.

All through a document I need to replace each occurrence of "my foo" with "<replaced>your bar</replaced>"

I have some algorithms in mind, but I am not happy with any of them.
So I thought I might as well ask here, hoping one of you can come up with something really elegant

the replacement tags are pulled out of another document,
so as a bonus, the text to be replaced could be "my.foo", requiring me likely to build correct regexes automatically

so, thanks in advance for your help

Geert