Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2011 19:16:19 +0200
At 18:38 2/09/2011, you wrote:
Geert,
I also use Oxygen. I'm curious. I've never actually looked into the difference between 'import' and 'include', but you said " by differentiating include and import smartly." Although I noticed the two terms, as 'include' seemed to do what I wanted, I never looked into 'import'. Is there a significant difference between the two that is worth learning?

Mark

Yes,
in general the rules and definitions in an importing stylesheet have higher precedence than the ones in the imported stylesheet
in general the rules and definitions in an including stylesheet have the same precedence as the ones in the included stylesheet

I use import a lot to make sure that I can customize or redefine functions, named templates and all in a higher up stylesheet
pretty handy if you have large stylesheet trees that needs customization for for instance a different culture