Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation

Subject: Re: [xsl] stylesheet organisation
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:30:23 +0100
> And I should still very much like to know if there is a consensus best
> practice on organizing big complex transforms so all the files are
> valid.

This brings us nicely back full circle to the original post... there
are 4 options (maybe more?):

a) Import files everywhere they are used and let import precedence
take care of things when you run the 'main' entry point

b) Use dummy placeholder variables and functions etc where needed, and
again let import precedence take care of it.

c) Use an xslt ide like oXygen that is aware of the entry point
stylesheet and everything that is in-scope for that file.

d) XSLT is different and it's to be expected that the file won't
compile on its own, but must be used as part of a larger transform

Regarding d), an 'abstract' style modifier would help there... is
anything like that coming in 3.0 (along with visibility modifiers?)

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com