Re: [xsl] Displaying Icon in Page Margin

Subject: Re: [xsl] Displaying Icon in Page Margin
From: Brian Popp <bpopp@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 10:31:31 -0500
> Syntactically you can make this more concise as:
>
>  entry[position()=1 and
>        ( . |  following-sibling::entry)//limit/@origin = 'fdx' ]

Nice. Thanks for the tip.

> If your writers are not using numbered table columns, then you could
> predictably put a ghost first cell on every row, of zero width, with empty
> blocks in it, where the empty block has the float outside the margin.
 You'd
> have to be careful about table borders if the writer has control over the
> cell border interaction with the table border.

Interesting idea. That would work, but I don't think I could rely on
our writers remembering to do this and wouldn't want to try and
maintain it. I'm gonna keep hacking w/ absolute positioning. I think
that's my only hope at this point. I just need to figure out some way
to make it use absolute positioning for the x axis and relative
positioning for the y axis.

-bpopp