Re: [xsl] Client-side XSLT

Subject: Re: [xsl] Client-side XSLT
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 18:10:32 +0200
Mark wrote:

My question: is it possible to open that target XML file with a
parameter (such as the number "635") and then pass that parameter on to
the XSL processing instruction in some manner that makes it available to
"render.xsl"? If I can pass this single parameter through to the XSLT
stylesheet, my problem is completely solved. (Since my website is
non-commercial, I can insist that it is only available to browsers that
can automatically process XSLT).

Or, as both you and Martin seem to imply, must I use a scripting
language to achieve my goal of passing a parameter to the XSLT stylesheet?

If you want to process query parameters in a URL you need more than XSLT I think, you can do that stuff with any server-side language (like PHP) or framework (like ASP.NET or JSP) so you would load e.g.
and your PHP script applyxslt.php would then read out those parameters and run the transformation on the server, setting stylesheet parameters as needed.

	Martin Honnen --- MVP Data Platform Development