Re: [xsl] Need XML grep-like tool for Linux that uses XPath expressions

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need XML grep-like tool for Linux that uses XPath expressions
From: "steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx" <steve.majewski@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:13:24 -0400
There is a simple xpath perl script that comes with the perl XML::XPath module
library.

For more complicated scripting, I've found calling the Xpath libraries from
Python easier.
( either lxml in Python, or javax.xml.xpath in Jython )
But I can usually rely on the perl modules being already installed on various
linux servers.
Python lxml libraries are not always installed.

-- Steve M.

On Oct 10, 2011, at 7:00 PM, Lynn Murdock wrote:

> Hi-
>
> I need to run some complex searches on a directory containing multiple XML
files, and am looking for a command-line tool that will take XPath expressions
and will work in Unix/Linux terminal applications. Does anyone on this list
have suggestions for a good tool?