[xsl] XSL:FO Vs Reporting Tools

Subject: [xsl] XSL:FO Vs Reporting Tools
From: Vasu Chakkera <vasucv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 15:50:15 +0100
Guys,
I am in a situation where I am having to advocate that xsl:fo is
great( what a pity!!)  .. Some one came up with jaspersoft (
http://www.jaspersoft.com/ ) and is hell bent on thinking that XSLT is
error prone ( I guess they come from a hard core c++, c background)
and they do not think that XSLT is a great Idea. I tried to reason
with my colleagues that if XSLT were error prone, most publishing
companies will go crashing down and most Banks will go out of
business. These guys agree , but there are some business decision
makers who believe that XSLT is a no no .. I have made a document
listing the sooper gud things ... but need to know... has anyone tried
this jaspersoft thing and is there any points I can get from peoples
experiences on why we should go to Jaspersoft and not do XSL:FO.. I am
trying to get some points that i can add to my advocacy document.
Vasu