Re: [xsl] Group and sort nodes by attribut in child node

Subject: Re: [xsl] Group and sort nodes by attribut in child node
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 16:12:34 +0200
Isn't the requirement "sort by date" in contradiction with the
requirement to group by group? What is stronger? How do you determine
whether a keyword X without a group but with a date precedes a group
with dates before and after the one of X?

-WIsn't the requirement "sort by date" in contradiction with the

On 14 October 2011 16:05, Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Jens Burkhardt wrote:
>
>> The result should be like this:
>>   A - 23.10.2010
>>   X_Group
>>     C - 23.10.2010
>>     B - 24.12.2010
>>   D - 25.10.2010
>>   Y_Group
>>     D - 25.12.2010
>>     E - 26.12.2010
>>
>> I want to group by the value of the group field in the column node and
everything should be sorted by start_date. The name of the group (e.g.
X_Group) should start a group-block, followed by the record nodes which belong
to the group value.
>> Another problem is that i don4t know the group value in advance, because
they can be set to whatever the user want.

> Do you use XSLT 2.0 or 1.0?
> And what about the record with keyword value "A" and the one with keyword
value "D" where the group value is an empty string? Shouldn't they be in the
same group?