[xsl] Announce: Online video lectures covering XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 (Free five-hour introductory preview)

Subject: [xsl] Announce: Online video lectures covering XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 (Free five-hour introductory preview)
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:01:14 -0400
Crane Softwrights Ltd. is pleased to announce the online, reliable cloud-based availability of its XSLT/XPath DVD-ROM video training product on Udemy "The Academy of You" for access from any web browser: http://ude.my/t37DVX Note you do not have to create an account in order to watch the five hours of free content of the video; you only have to create an account in order to buy the paid content of the video.

"Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" is over 24 hours of the instructor lectures, with hands-on exercises and solutions, of our intensive five-day training class.

The introduction/overview is free, the first two modules are free, the introduction of every other module is free, and the annexes are free: a total of 311 minutes of free preview content! This is, in effect, a free video lecture introduction to XSLT/XPath for any beginner. You only create an account and pay if you want access to the other 19 hours of comprehensive and in-depth lecture and to the hands-on exercises and solutions.

Please use the following abbreviated link and share the link as broadly as you wish (especially if you are a development manager or a member of a team of developers or a user group or industry mail list or a vendor of a product that incorporates XSLT or XPath; note first at the bottom all of the lists to which I'm already posting this announcement):

http://ude.my/t37DVX (it helps me not to use the longer direct link)

This class overviews the entire scope of the Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformations (XSLT) 1.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt, XSLT 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20, the XML Path Language (XPath) 1.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath and XPath 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20 W3C Recommendations, used for transforming structured information (e.g. XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to XSL-FO, XML to text, etc.). The objectives of the course are to understand the role and utility of the Recommendations, to overview all the constructs of the Recommendations (this five-day delivery covers every element, every attribute, and every function), to design and develop XSLT scripts, and to efficiently navigate the available documentation and resources. The relationship of XSLT to XSL is explained, though details of XSL Formatting Object semantics are not included.

Paid subscription grants perpetual access to the Udemy delivery of all of the material associated with this class. Return to it at any time! They are responsible for maintaining the access and up-time to the material.

This material is also available as on-site instructor-led training, in addition to all our other syllabi, for delivery worldwide by the instructor or through branded licensing to training organizations. See http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/pastsch.htm#ptux for a history and http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#summary for a list of syllabi.

I just discovered http://udemy.com last week and it was very straightforward to mount and publish my video training content recorded three and a half years ago.

Please contact me off list for more information.

p.s. please forgive me for sending copies even though the lists share many of the same members, but I'm trying to reach independent users on each list

cc: XSL List, XML Dev, XML-L, W3C-XSL-FO, XML-Doc, Antenna House List, Render X List, oXygen List, MarkLogic List, Schematron List, XML Gov and Google+

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx